Sunday, June 10, 2012

Lipstick Ready Lips



If your lips are always lipstick ready without having to prep and prime, consider me EXTREMELY jealous! If you're like me, then your lips aren't always lipstick ready. Now what do I mean by "lipstick ready". Sometimes when I don't prep my lips my lipstick applies unevenly, attaches to rough patches and just looks meh! So here are some tips (and products I personally LOVE) to get lipstick ready lips!


Before bed:


Even when I'm not sure if I'm wearing lipstick the next day I still do this to keep my lips looking nice and moisturized.
  1. Exfoliate. Exfoliate. Exfoliate your lips before bed. A good sugar scrub like LUSH's Mint Julips is perfect for that. It scrubs away all the dead skin on your lips! Also, this sugar scrub is particular is delicious! So you want have to wipe off any excess sugar, just lick it off! It tastes delicious! LUSH's lip scrubs also have jojoba oil in it so even if you don't apply a lip balm, your lips will be nice and moisturized. [TIP:] Don't forget to scrub the corners of your lips as well! I sometimes find that more dead skin collects there and I often neglect it *shame on me
  2. Since it is night time and you're just getting ready for bed I find that applying a lip salve is great to keep your lips nourished well into the night and when you wake up! I use C.O. Bigelow Lavender Salve. It is the most moisturizing lip product I own and I find that I can still feel it on my lips after 8 hours of sleep. Crazy, huh?! I'd recommend any of C.O. Bigelow's lip salves! I believe they also come in mint and strawberry so if you're not a fan of the lavender!
In the morning:
  1. My only tip for the morning time to get your lips perfectly ready is to use a lip balm before you apply your lipstick! Nothing too nourishing like the lip salve because you don't want your lipstick slipping and sliding. I find that E.O.S. lip balms are best for that. They are my absolute favorite and who doesn't love a product that comes in so many flavors? The E.O.S. lip balms in particular are good for this because they quickly soak into your lips so you don't have to wait too long to apply lipstick!
But I'm not going to bed, and it's not morning. How do I get my lips lipstick ready later in the day/night?!
  1. Exfoliate. Yes, I know you're not going to sleep but just as you would exfoliate dead skin before bed, you're going to want to get rid of any dead skin that's collected throughout your day. 
  2. Now instead of using a super moisturizing lip salve, just use your favorite lip balm and wait for that to sink in! Then apply your favorite lipstick and go have a ball!
It only takes a few easy steps to get lipstick ready lips. You probably already have these products lying around your make up collection. All you have to do is pop 'em out, put them by your bedside table and you'll always be able to comfortably wear your favorite lipstick!

I hope this was helpful for you guys! If you have any tips or product you'd like to share definitely do so in the comments! :D

xo

1 comment:

  1. I love that lavender Salve I spent money on a recent haul and wanted to get that but I wanted to give my bank account a break so didn't buy it yet but I do really want to get it and use it ! ^^ I really enjoy LUSH's bubble gum lip scrub it smells so yummy :)
    cherryberrypoon.blogpspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I do read and respond to most comments when I can, but please refrain from spam (follow for follows, giveaways, ads, so and so forth) xx :)