Friday, August 31, 2012

No Buy Challenge | Weekly Wishlist #05

38/100: I've been naughty. Super duper naughty. I bought some things *ducks flying objects* I was in a place of unhappiness and turned back to shopping for comfort and I ... caved. I'm sorry! It was just two things and I paid $44 for them but I'm returning one of them so it's like I only spent $18! Are you wondering what I caved to buy? It was a MakeUp For Ever Eyeliner in the color 2L. It's this beautiful bronze brown that when I put on made my blue eyes just pop and I couldn't resist! The other thing I bought was the Bobbi Brown Corrector which I'm returning because a.) I feel guilty that I bought it and b.) I feel so bad that I can't convince myself that I like it. So I've decided it's going back if I'm not completely smitten with it. I apologize. Here's what I've been craving all week and it is literally, at this point, killing me not to buy. [sidenote: I don't recall others having this much difficulty with the challenge, no fair!]
  • Benefit Dandelion Box O' Powder Blush | This color is so gorgeous for pale folk like myself. It lightens up your cheeks and makes you look like you have a healthy glow. I'm also on this weird mission to own every Benefit Box O' Powder blush because I think they are just so pretty!
  • Origins Well Off Fast & Gentle Eye Make Up Remover | It's so hard for me to make sure my mascara and eyeliner are taken off each night. A simple wipe doesn't cut it anymore. I've seen really good reviews for this (lightweight, no oil) and may give it a go after this challenge is over!
  • Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation | I've been looking everywhere for this this foundation. I'm convinced it's not yet sold in the United States. Which I find to be a good thing because then I would've had three things to be sorry for buying! It just sounds like a really good foundation for natural and awake finish to the skin. That, alone, has sold me on it.
  • Chanel Tigerlily Ombre Essentielle Soft Touch Eyeshadow | GORGEOUS ORANGE COLOR AND I WANT IT. GARRRRR. 
As you can all see I am completely sane and this challenge has been a piece of cake for me and I urge you all to start because we all know that we have better things to buy than all this make up that we may very well never need and run on sentences are just the bees knees and ... *twitch

8 comments:

  1. Wake me up foundation is majorly heavy on the skin. I bought it when it was 1st released in the UK and was majorly disapointed with it :(
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh lawd. Okay that's off the list! I've heard it may be bad for dry skin but could look passed it, but not the heaviness. No one wants an actual second layer of skin. Thanks for the heads up! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh dear! One little thing won't hurt though! You most definitely needed that eyeliner because you didn't have it already and it was essential to your wellbeing, and you did say you could buy things which were essential :) If you decide you still want the foundation that's another thing to add to your list!x

    http://melissaknowsbest.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, yes, exactly! An oh goodness, I haven't shown it to you yet but it's looooong!

      Delete
  3. You're doing a gr8 job of not buying all this stuff, good luck with it. A girl can always dream though. You've been nominated and tagged, check out my blog now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you! :) Yes, she sure can and does!

      Delete
  4. I think it depends on your skin type i use rimmel wake me up foundation and i find it light its my fav by far from rimmel have tried majority of rimmels foundation :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard such mixed reviews that I don't know if I should just buy it and see for myself! Thanks for letting me know though :) My skin is kinda dry so hopefully it'll be nice! xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I do read and respond to most comments when I can, but please refrain from spam (follow for follows, giveaways, ads, so and so forth) xx :)