Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Rimmel | Wake Me Up Concealer

It takes something as little as starting classes again or a new job to make your not so friendly purple/blue under eye circles reappear. Mine aren't the worst, but if I don't cover it up it won't matter how beautifully I applied my makeup - they'll distract me like no other. I love sleeping and feeling rested so I don't really love looking like I haven't slept in weeks. I've tried a few concealers before but I think the under eyes are tricky because they're a sensitive area that's also prone to creasing. My Benefit Erase Paste is lovely but creases under the eyes sometimes and my MAC Studio Finish concealer is a bit to drying to try and pat underneath my eyes. So what's a gal to do? In comes Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer. You may have seen my rave review of the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation (found here) so when I saw the concealer at a Shopper's on my trip to Canada, I just couldn't resist! I'm so glad I was a bit impulsive because I LOOOOVE this stuff! It's unlike any concealer I've yet to try because it comes in a tube instead of a pot with a doe foot applicator. It makes it easy to lightly swipe under your eyes and dab at little red areas. I would say the coverage is medium and it's positively weightless. It covers the blue-ish tint under my eyes and instantly makes my eyes look brighter and myself look more awake. The texture is a creamy liquid that feels really nice under the eyes and blends with some light dabs of the finger. It does need setting with some powder but after that you're honestly set for the day. I can't remember how much I paid for this product because I bought it in Canada, but it's $9.77 on ASOS.com, which I think makes it affordable for how amazing this stuff is! I really can't fault it, although, like the foundation it does contain micro shimmers in it but you can't see it on the skin and only remember it's there when you stare at the tube. I highly recommend this stuff if you want your eyes to look brighter and more awake even when you haven't had a full 8 hours! This is holy grail status for me, for surely!
What's your holy grail concealer?

20 comments:

  1. I always hear such good things about this concealer, I don't think there's a shade quite light enough for me but I might go and have a look!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use Very Fair and it's maybe just a tinge too light for me. You should try that one out - you'd be surprised how it blends into your skin! :)

      Delete
  2. really want to try this, heard a lot about it!

    Emma from masqueradebelle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is legit! I'm always hesitant to try drugstore undereye concealers, but I'm thinking I'm gonna have to check this one out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I didn't even need to review it, just add that before and after pic! You won't regret it! (I hope!) :-)

      Delete
  4. THIS is my holy grail concealer. I love it. I have a backup tube, but the one I'm using has lasted forever. Which is good, because they usually run out at Kmart here (the only place I can get it). Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know how much I would love it so I didn't get a second tube but it's been lasting me for quite some time! AND AH, I didn't know they had them at K-Mart, because they do and I saw it and I almost bought another from pure excitement, haha!

      Delete
  5. Woooooooooowwwwww this looks amazing Jess!!! Yet another thing that makes me wonder: why the heck don't they sell this in the states???!??!?? Seriously makeup companies, get it together! So many money-makers are sitting across seas (and shores) ;__;

    ♥Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do, Cassie! They sell it at some K-Marts! I saw it yesterday with my own eyes. You'd love it, it works so well!

      Delete
  6. I love this stuff! I am running low right now and I can't find it anywhere! I got mine at Walmart and now its not there so sad! xx Rena Kiss and Make Up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found it at Shoppers in Canada, and at K-Mart in the States! I think I'm pretty good with my tube but it's so nice to know I can just pop into K-Mart and get one!

      Delete
  7. i need new concealer i just dont know what to get x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The before and after says it all! I quite like the Wake Me Up foundation (except the colour I chose was all wrong for me), so this concealer seems promising. I think the main issue I'd have is trying to get the shade right :p It seems to work really well for dark circles - hopefully it's also pretty good at concealing blemishes as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so afraid it might not translate on camera the way I see it in person, but it does and made me love it more! The shade range is a bit better for the concealers in the Wake Me Up range for some reason, so hopefully you find your shade :)

      Delete
  9. I wonder how it compares to the Collection one I'm using currently. My under eye circles are really bad, and I'm still on the search for the perfect full coverage, non-creasing concealer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wondered that, too! I've always wanted to try the Collection one. I'd give this one a try if you could find it! :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I do read and respond to most comments when I can, but please refrain from spam (follow for follows, giveaways, ads, so and so forth) xx :)