Friday, January 3, 2014

Elsa | Let It Go

Happy Friday, one and all! Today I'm back with my Disney Princess series of posts on the blog! It's been a while since I've been able to sit down and create one of these looks but now that it's the new year and the holiday madness is over I'm able to start it up once again. *phew* that was a long sentence. If you're not sure about my Disney Princess series on the blog it's basically a series where I create make up looks based on the themes or color schemes of Disney princess movies and the princess's themselves. I've already done some pretty rad looks (if I do say so myself) for Snow WhiteRapunzelKidaBelleCinderellaAriel, and Aurora. You can click on each respective princess to go to her look! Today's look is based of one of the newest princesses (or rather, Queen) in the Disney line up, Elsa, from the movie Frozen. As soon as I saw the movie I knew I had to create a look for her because she's one of the few Disney princesses (or maybe the only one) I've seen to actually have worn make up. If you haven't seen the movie, I highly highly recommend you go see it as it was brilliant and the music gets stuck in your head. It's all I listen to when I'm driving in my car by myself and especially with my sister. We see so much of ourselves in the character's that we've already gone ahead and changed our contact name's in our phones, haha! Anyway, for this look I recreated Elsa's make up from this picture right here, which is shown after she goes through her transformation and looks so freakin' stunning in the snowflake dress she creates. I also added a little (kinda big) rhinestone snowflake as a nod to her wonderful gift. Here's what I used:

On the eyes:
  • NARS Smudgeproof Base Primer
  • Coastal Scents Palette - Red, Orange, Burnt Orange, and Purple Shades
  • MAC Vanilla Eyeshadow
  • Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in Intense Black
  • CoverGirl Lash Blast Volume Mascara
On the face
  • Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation/Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer
  • NARS Mistinguette Blush/NARS Laguna Bronzer
  • Benefit gimmeBrows Brow Gel
  • Chanel Rouge Coco 54 Le Baiser Lipstick
  • Craft rhinestones/Duo Eyelash glue

Have you seen Frozen yet? Are you excited for two new additions to the princess line up?

14 comments:

  1. Ahhh you look so stunning! I wish I could get my liner as neat as yours!

    Amy| The Little Koala Blog ♥ HUGE Giveaway Now on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all in the eyeliner! The Stila one that I used is a pen so it's super easy to hold and hold still, you should check it out! Thank you, Amy! :)

      Delete
  2. THE COLD NEVER BOTHERED ME ANYWAY!

    :D Lovely look, of course

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, YES! That movie was brilliant! Thank you, Coco! :)

      Delete
  3. Great idea for a princess themed series!

    Emily | PENNY RUGBURN 

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I have yet to see Frozen (I'm so behind!!), but I'm dying to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, there's still time! It's such a beautiful film!

      Delete
  5. Very pretty look! I haven't watched Frozen, but I've heard that it's great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful look! I love the added snowflake! I have yet to watch Frozen, but I have heard great things about it!

    Finally started my Disney series with Belle! Check it out "Belle look"

    Des

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thought it would add a nice touch since the rest of the make up doesn't really scream "frozen", haha! You should def. go see it! :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I do read and respond to most comments when I can, but please refrain from spam (follow for follows, giveaways, ads, so and so forth) xx :)