Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Here's To The New Year

Happy New Year!

On the screen the words look so small and insignificant, nothing like what they really encompass; a time for self reflection, change, and a brand new start. It's officially 2014 which means it's time for champagne and family to bring in the new year right. As with every year, we think about everything that's happened to us in the previous year and make resolutions so that the new year that awaits will be filled with more memories, and happier times. The question "what is is your new years resolution?" is one you can't avoid hearing, haha. Like most people my resolution is usually to get fit, lose weight, and become more active, but I've come to realize that it's not the most realistic resolution for me, although drinking more water wouldn't hurt, haha. Nope, this year, I've set myself small, personal, and achievable resolutions that will make for a happier me in 2014. I'm focusing more on myself and things that I like to do/want to do, rather than what others would like for me to do. So here they are, my resolutions for the year 2014.

»» start blogging again (at least two posts a week)
»» spend less money, and start saving up
»» have more adventures (big and small)
»» focus more on the positive things in my life, rather than dwell on the negatives

I hope you all had a wonderful New Years and that you rang it in with people that you love and care about. I hope 2014 brings to you memorable adventures and so much happiness, that the negative things from the past become insignificant. Happy New Year, to all of you, my lovely readers, who made 2013 for me :)

What are your resolutions for 2014?

13 comments:

  1. Besides taking better care of my hair and exercising, the last three you listed ( spend less money, and start saving up/ have more adventures (big and small) / focus more on the positive things in my life, rather than dwell on the negatives) are my resolutions as well. Have a great 2014, Jess! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a fantastic 2014, Coco! Those are great resolutions, especially exercising, which I should do, but agh, I'm so lazy sometimes, haha!

      Delete
  2. Happy new year to you too Jessica! My resolutions definitely involve losing weight and saving up money. The second one is essential if I want to move to London in the next couple of years, and losing weight is something that I should have done ages ago. I always fail, so this time, I'll probably document my progress (or lack of it) on my blog, just so that I have something on my mind that will make me think twice before eating another piece of chocolate! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my lanta, you'll be moving to London? That's fantastic and I really hope you're able to save up. I'll come visit you when you do ;D I think documenting your weight loss would be a good idea! Not just for feeling bad, but then you can see your progress and it'll only motivate you from there :)

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year and hope you accomplish your goals for 2014!

    Jackie | fashionxfairytale |

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jackie! To you as well! :)

      Delete
  4. I love your resolutions. Awesome :D I need to stop spending so much money on eating lunch out.
    Jasmine / rabbit-wood.blogspot.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a big one for me too! If it's not beauty products, it's eating out. Thank you so much, Jasmine!

      Delete
  5. HAPPY NEW YEAR JESS!!! I hope the blogging resolution sticks; I miss hearing from you ;) I never set resolutions for myself at the new year… I feel like it just sets me up for failure and disappointment haha. Taking each day, one at a time, and making daily goals is enough for me to feel fulfilled and happy!

    ♥Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year, Cassie!! I hope so, too! I need to post more and catch up on my favorite blogs! Don't know why I haven;t been as much anymore ): Haha, that's why this year I've set fairly vague solutions. I'm not so good with them either! I hope your 2014 is filled with happiness and fullfillment, Cassie! :)

      Delete
  6. very interesting post :) having more adventures is one of my resolution as well! have a great 2014 Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adventures are what make a year, so I want more of them :) Have a great 2014, Caroline!! xx

      Delete
  7. Happy New Year Jessica! Even though it's a little late... (o////o)
    My resolution for this year to be able to touch my toes as silly as it sounds I can do the splits but can't touch my toes... must work to fix that.
    Cheers to a great year ahead!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I do read and respond to most comments when I can, but please refrain from spam (follow for follows, giveaways, ads, so and so forth) xx :)