Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Loving Lately #1

Have monthly favorites been outdated? I hardly see any on my dash when the end of the month rolls around these day! I've always been a fan of reading them but never writing them. I always felt too much pressure to 'love' certain products every month and my versions of those posts were always so lame. I still want to share products I've been loving during longer periods of time so I've created this "loving lately" series. I know, super original title, amiright? Instead of doing it monthly, I'll be doing it sporadically when I feel like I have a bunch of stuff I love that I must, must, must share. Hurr we go!
  • Bath & Body Works Fine Fragrance Mist in Carried Away | Carried Away is my favorite scent from Bath & Body Works. When I worked there it was the only scent I was really good at selling and I wanted you to go home with at least the shower gel. In an attempt to ration the last bit of my One Direction perfume, I've started reaching for my large collection of fragrance mists. Of course, I reached for this one first with it's delicious notes of raspberries, bergamot, jasmine, and vanilla. MMM, MMM! Just wish the staying power was longer :/
  • Benefit's gimmeBrow | I wasn't totally in love with this when I got it because I was bitter about practically being forced to buy it, but now my feelings have changed. Brows still aren't a part of my daily make up routine but on occasion I do enjoy sprucing up my brows to make them look less fuzzy wuzzy and give them more shape. It's especially great for work when I wan to look put together, but not to over the top. I don't know, I can't describe it (which is really helpful for you guys, isn't it? haha) but I do love this stuff!
  • Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer | This concealer has been the only concealer I've used since I bought it! I love the coverage and brightness of all the Wake Me Up products from Rimmel. I've raved on and on about them for quite some time and still to this day I won't use anything else. I'm actually running low on it, but may refrain from buying another just to use up the rest of the concealers that are lost in the "forgotten".
  • Candy Cane flavored Chap Stick | MMM, MMM! You can't go wrong with peppermint and candy cane flavored things during any time of the year honestly. It's equal parts minty and equal parts sweet which makes for a tasty combination! This crazy cold weather has just been the worst to my lips, so I'm glad this guy not only tastes delicious, but keeps my lips nice and moisturized for hours!
  • NARS Narsissist Eyeshadow Palette | I've saved the best for last! I know reviews on this palette from NARS have been mixed, but just know that I LOVE it. It's all I've been using and reaching for as of late to create eyeshadow looks. My thoughts on it are coming really, really soon, I promise, along with crazy model shots of it (LOL) and swatches! It's all set up in my drafts, but school is making it rather hard to write up the dang thing! Long story short; I LOVE IT. MONEY WELL SPENT!
What have YOU been "loving lately" Har har ;)

12 comments:

  1. Love Gimme Brows on days I dont feel like doing a full brows! xx Rena Kiss and Make Up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never feel like doing a full brow so it's perfect for me, haha!

      Delete
  2. Yep!;) Chap Sticks are brilliant durin' wintertime and summer time too! I think that the NARS Narsissist Eyeshadow Palette is a great alternative to Urban Decay or other eyeshadow palettes - just the price?

    Have a wonderful week & hey maybe we could meet each other durin' march 2014 in NYC?!

    Bye,
    NIKA Bittner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's a great palette to have even if you've got the Naked palettes because the finishes and tones of colors are quite different! If you get this palette but don't have the Urban Decay ones I can see myself still wanting one Naked palette, haha. Thanks Nika, have a wonderful week!

      Delete
  3. I think the end of February has just snuck up on all of us… at least that's what's happening to me at the moment! I still have to film my February best & worst video yarggggggg. School and work just make the 'extra' fun hobby things hard to squeeze in :( Anyways I'm excited to hear your review on the Narsissist palette because, like you said, there have been many mixed feelings on it!

    ♥Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, tell me about it. I can't keep up and then I just end up going the route of "I have so much to do - I'm just gonna do none of it" LOL

      Delete
  4. I've a love-indifference relationship with Gimme Brow. I ended up doing my own review on it. I like it for setting brow powder but on its own? Meh.

    RIKKI POYNTER
    // RIKKI POYNTER, MAKEUP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can totally see why. I'm very minimalist with my brows so they're my one and only sep, but to really do some change to the shape and intensity, it's eh.

      Delete
  5. I really want that NARSissist palette! It looks beautiful. UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love the carried away fragrance mist!
    thebrunettehead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such an underrated scent! Glad to know there's another fan out there :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I do read and respond to most comments when I can, but please refrain from spam (follow for follows, giveaways, ads, so and so forth) xx :)