Monday, May 26, 2014

So Belated | NYC IMATS 2014 Haul

 Your eyes do not deceive you! There is actually a new post up on my blog. Never thought you'd see the day, did you? I'm back. I've missed this- I've missed you guys! Hopefully, you've missed me and all my roundabout ramblings :) That's all I'm going to say about my return because I've discovered that the longer my "I'm back!" shpeals are, the less likely I am to actually have another post up that week. Alright, IMATS! I figured I'd start with this post because who doesn't love a haul? Regardless of the fact that it's about a month and a half over due... A haul is a haul, amiright? I picked up some things this time around that aren't usual to an standard IMATS haul because I've already got so much that it didn't really seem like I needed anything else (but obviously, I did ;) ) So here's what I got:

  • Sigma Brush Cleansing Glove :: This was SUCH a spur of the moment purchase. I've seen this all over the beauty community and probably like you're doing now, I just laughed. Who needs a giant oven mitt to wash their brushes?! UHM, ME, it turns out. I got it in blue (of course) and it's seriously become such a life saver. Seriously, I spend less of my life cleaning brushes now because it does such a brilliant job of thoroughly and quickly, cleaning all my brushes. No regrets here. I'll be writing a review on it soon that'll make you regret laughing!
  • Kryolan Aquacolor Dayglow Palette :: Ah, UV makeup. My obsession of the year that probably spurred from my upcoming trip to Vegas and that one episode of Teen Wolf where everyone is at party and body painted with this stuff. I still haven't had a chance to properly play around with it because I don't yet have a backlight to make the magical effects work, but soon I will! I couldn't believe they had the palette of 6 at IMATS for the amount it would cost to buy the 3 colors I had wanted. Sure, I may not get the most use out of these, but they will be a cherished part of my collection, for sure!
  • Sigma Brushes (E50, E39, F05, x2 E25, x2 E05) :: Sigma were handing out these shopping bags all day that were full of samples (the best being the brush samples!) My mom and sister managed to snag a bunch even though we didn't wait on that long line (my friend waited her whole time at IMATS there!!) Seriously, I don't even mind the shorter handles, I feel like I've gotten two amazing full size brushes with the small E25 blending and E05 liner brushes. The E25 is AMAZING and so incredibly soft. I'm going to write a more in-depth review on the other brushes I got because I feel like since I've been able to use them I can ramble on forever in this post, so stay tuned for that!
  • Lit Cosmetics Glitters in Champagne Wishes, Wonder Woman, and Goober Grape :: Believe it or not, I actually wasn't going to stop by the Lit booth this time around, but, as my luck would have it, that's where Andrea from From Inside My Closet and Coco from The Beauty Milk were when I finally showed up to the show and that's where I met up with them. Their hands (especially Coco's) was covered in glitter and my little mermaid heart just could not resist! I love the colors I got this time, and again, a more in depth review is coming on my whole collection of Lit glitters! Prepare yourselves!
  • Sugarpill Elektrocute Pigment in Supercharged :: I have been obsessed with Sugarpill without every actually having purchased any products from them. The colors and pigmentation and just creativity behind some of the products is enough to make you so proud to find these in your collection. I picked up an Elektrocute pigment on a whim. I was originally going to get the Lumi pigment, but alas, it was sold out. So, having just one product from this brand didn't seem enough to walk away with so I charged up my current obsession with neons and picked up this bright and glittery beauty. Still haven't worked out the kinks (or touched it, really) but it's a pigment unlike I've ever seen before. Bright colors, amazing pay off, and glitter?! I was quite happy with that purchase ;)
  • Sugarpill Pressed Pigment in Tako :: This is the one eyeshadow I have been dying to get my hands on for ages. It's the most pigmented, most matte, and truest white that I ever did see. I've been pulling it out non-stop for highlighting the brow bone and the inner corners of my eyes. It's brilliant and deserves some sort of makeup award for all the amazingness that it is. It's also quite fitting that it's named 'tako' which is my most beloved food to eat, LOL!
  • Eldora Lashes :: Last but not least, lashes! I was going to originally stop by Ardelle and pick up some lashes for "you never know" occasions but I was contacted by Eldora to receive a goody bag full of their lashes! They were generous enough to give me four pairs of a variety of lashes that I can't wait to play around with for makeup looks I want to do for the blog! There's one pair that looks like little daddy long legs feet are attached to the band, haha, which freak me out and make them so cool all at the same time!
So there you (finally) have it! My IMATS haul that seems almost ancient! It was a really great time and I was so happy to get to see Andrea again and meet Coco! I can't wait to see these girls again (well, I saw Andrea at Beauty Con, haha ;) ) If there's anything you'd like to see a more in-depth review on lickety split, let me know and I'll get on it. Hopefully, this shan't be the last you see of me again and I won't be taking another month long hiatus. I forgot about how much fun I have blogging! I'll see you all soon!

Would you guys try a brush cleansing glove shaped after an oven mitt? Do you think you'd be able to resist the amazingness of glitter and UV makeup? Haha, let me know!

7 comments:

  1. Oooff so many Sigma brushes, so much jealousy!!! Also I am seriously eyeing up those lashes. I recently wore false lashes for my birthday and they are actually not that bad! I want MOAR ahha. Beautiful haul, I've never made it to an IMATS, hopefully that all changes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did miss you! The Sigma blending brush really is amazing and the brush cleaning glove is a life saver. I have a really cheap ebay dupe and I can't imagine not having it anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That oven mitt slash brush cleaner looks really interesting. It looks like it would make my life so much easier. Can't wait to read your review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm super duper jealous of your Sigma brushes! + I'm very intrigued by the cleansing glove. Looking forward to your review :) Raspberrykiss xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to see a post from you Jess!! And, like you said, a haul is a haul… who cares if it's from a semi-ancient occasion haha! Can't wait to see reviews on this stuff :)

    ♥Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back! That's quite the haul you've got there. Will be interested to see how the UV makeup turns out.
    Great post!
    Meghan
    www.todaysbeautyobsession.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very jealous of the stigma brushes!

    Belle ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I do read and respond to most comments when I can, but please refrain from spam (follow for follows, giveaways, ads, so and so forth) xx :)